Kungfu Cowboy is a co-op roguelike action platformer.
Play as ‘A-Pa,’ a kung-fu master and a notorious cowboy, who loves to drink but must dash his way through the treacherous desert and fight against foes in order to get to the saloon on the other side.
**This is a prototype and not representative of the final game.**
- Play as single-player or local co-op 2-4 players, with controller support
- Jump off walls and kungfu dash your way through challenging platforms
- Headshot enemies for precision kill and dodge attacks by dashing
- Gain 'qi' as you progress and upgrade to stronger weapons and buffs
- Procedurally-generated levels and permadeath challenge you to git gud
Current build only has Level 1, but we have a lot more content lined up for the full version including new themed-levels, new enemies, unlockable characters, secret quests with NPCs, challenge runs, crazier weapons, and more.
Email list | Twitter @soyboygames | Discord | Website
Our game was featured on Escapistmagazine.com!
Controls for keyboard:
W,A,S,D to move and control dash
Use mouse to aim gun
Left click on mouse to shoot
Tap Space to short hop/Hold Space to long jump
Hold Space while airborne to dash
Controls for controller:
Left joystick to move and control dash
Right joystick to aim gun
LB/LT to jump and dash
RB/RT to shoot
A to interact
- We highly advise against using a Gamecube controller because the grooves along the C-stick make it hard to aim. We added the option to remap the controller buttons, but suggest playing with default settings for optimal gameplay.
Note: We recommend that you start off with the tutorial before proceeding to play the game
Kungfu Cowboy is in development by Soy Boy Games
Made with Unity
Art by Jacky Huang
Music by Daniel Bernal